My photo
i am adriana rosalind white. i was born and raised in the salty city, but for seven years, i have called music city home. i am happily married to a man with a mustache. and together, we are living the dream. i have a true passion for baking and hope to one day own a quaint little bakery full of tasty treats and lots of love.

Monday, November 2, 2009

ara batur....

another blog.

wow! can you believe it? today is an absolutely lovely and incredible day in nashville. the sun is shining. and not a breeze to be felt. i suppose ill soak it up, because it will be gone in the blink of an eye.


isn't it funny how days off turn into more work than actual work? my day off today has consisted of me sitting at starbucks, using megans computer and putting of chores. i need to buy laundry detergent. grocery shop. clean house. but, i dont want to. my friends katie and daniel are coming in for the night and staying at my house, so perhaps that will give me motivation to do what i need to do....we'll see.


halloween was good to me this year....i was lucy!!


boyfriend and i carved magical pumpkins. can you guess where i got my inspiration from?










for those of you that know me, you know i have an unexplainable love for iceland. everything i talk about revolves around the little country. quite honestly my true love for it, came from the band sigur ros. i remember the exact moment. i was watching the sigur ros documentary [heima] with tears streaming down my face. it was full of such pure beauty. and i was overcome by it. since then, my lifes dream has been to travel to iceland. i LOOOOOOVE it. sigur ros' music has changed my life. it brings such beauty and pain all at the same time. it is mezmorizing.

when i met my twin megan, i felt like i had met my icelandic soul mate. we truly bonded over everything icelandic. music, the people, the country. ahhhh. so, when i found out megan was moving to florida we decided to embark on a forever friendship....tattooes.  

it pays to know the right people. or rather, take care of the right people at starbucks. my newest buddy, matt, from icon tattoo, or otherwise known as quad espresso, hooked us up for nothing at all.....

my tattoo is on the inside of my right arm, on the other side of my poppies. it comes from the sigur ros song ara batur. it is icelandic. and is by far one of my favorite tattooes i have. it says:


"and it was you who let everything into my heart. it was you who awoke my soul."




i love iceland. i will travel there someday. and join in the beauty...mark my words.


i love you all.

No comments: